Monday, February 23, 2015

Brenda's Double Wedding Ring Quilt

Hello Quilty Friends!

It has been a while since my last post. I am very sorry for that, but when I got the all-clear from my foot surgeon that I could start back quilting and being on my foot.....I took off quilting and here it is 9 weeks later and I am finally coming up for air!

Today, I am sharing a quilt made by my client Brenda Hanes.  She used the Quiltworx.com paper piece pattern for the Double Wedding Ring to make her quilt. This was to be a Christmas gift for her youngest son and his wife.  Brenda's DIL had run across a quilt similar to this on the internet at sewkindofwonderful.com and was in love...Brenda asked me if I could do something very similar to this quilting ... Totally not my style of quilting but I am always up for a challenge.
I used two battings for this quilt.  Bottom batting was Quilter's Dream Request and the top batting was the Quilter's Dream Puff.  With the white background fabric I needed a bright white batting. I used So Fine! 50 thread.
Enjoy



I am happy and had fun, (and a challenge) quilting this quilt for Brenda.....and that, my "quilty friends" is what it is all about!

Happy Quilting!
Gina Boone

PS...Be sure to check out and Like my Facebook page, as I post pics of all the client quilts that I do the quilting!    Just Quilted by Gina Boone/facebook.com

5 comments:

  1. It is just gorgeous. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gina, I loved the quilt top when I finished it - when I saw it with your amazing quilting I really couldn't believe it! My son and daughter in law love the quilt! This may be my favorite quilt ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto what Brenda said... "this may be my favorite quilt ever! Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous. It may not be your style but you have done a fantastic job of the quilting-maybe it will fit into your style in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the comments. Brenda makes my job easy with awesome quilts. I always love a challenge, the hardest part was no feathers!

    ReplyDelete